Rémi Plourde Web Developer
- Contact & Portfolio
- Tokyo, Japan
- French, English, Japanese (JLPT 3)
I wish to join a team with my 14 years of experience in Web development to help turn your projects into a prime examples of success we can be proud of.
Graduated from the Webmaster Programme at NBCC Dieppe
2000 — 2001
- Learned professional Web development, user interface design, networking, server administration.
Recent Working Experience
Web Developer for Japan Venture Research Co., Ltd.
Started June 2012
- Build Entrepedia, a Web application of research database with information on start-up companies in Japan.
- Connect Ruby on Rails application running in Amazon EC2 instance with Amazon S3 and Database.com API.
Web Developer and Server Administrator for Smalltalk, Inc.
Mar. 2012 - May 2012
- Managed the functionality of a high-traffic flash marketing e-commerce running on Ruby on Rails.
- Monitored production and staging servers, including their supporting resources.
Web Developer for Export Japan, Inc.
May 2011 — Mar. 2012
- Updated e-commerce and article sections of the multilingual version of the Japan-Guide.com Web site, running on a custom Ruby on Rails application.
- Managed several other multilingual e-commerce Web sites, using PHP and Ruby on Rails.
Web Developer for Piku Media K.K.
May 2010 — Feb. 2011
- Created new theme for the company’s site powered by Drupal.
- Contributed to the switch from Drupal to a new custom application written with Ruby on Rails.
- Maintained Web servers and database during high-traffic stress periods.
Web Developer for the Bank of Canada
Oct. 2008 — Sep. 2009
- Created a new Web site for the Currency Museum using WordPress.
- Assembled a new theme with CSS compatible with obsolete browsers, including IE6.
Web Developer for Fenix Solutions
Sep. 2008 — Oct. 2009
- Created PHP Web sites for various clients using WordPress, Drupal, and CakePHP.
- Implemented source control using Subversion and trained employees to make use of it.
Web Developer and Project Manager for N-VisionIT Interactive
July 2006 — Sep. 2008
- Wrote, designed, managed, and maintained PHP and ColdFusion Web sites for several clients.
- Managed servers, network, routers, and backups for the office and some clients.
Technical Support Agent and Web Developer for SITEL Kanata
Nov. 2004 — July 2006
- Diagnosed customers’ problems relating to software on computers built by Dell.
- Created new Web applications for other agents on the company’s intranet.
Customer Support Analyst for Xwave Solutions
Sep. 2001 — June 2004
- Diagnosed customers’ technical problems related to their Internet access with Bell Sympatico.
- Trained new employees to perform their troubleshooting duties with customers on the phone.
- Created a new Web application to simplify the common tasks of all support analysts.
Web Development Freelancer
Started Dec. 1998
- Worked on various Web sites of any kind for many clients, mostly between full-time employment.
- Managed own time, projects, finance, and business.
Since 1996, I volunteered in the creation and the maintenance of the Web site for many non-profit organisations, including the Marie-Esther High School, the Government of New Brunswick, the Ottawa Japanese Language School, the Ottawa Japanese-Canadian Association, and the Canadian Tulip Festival’s Japan Pavilion.
In December 2007, I wrote a Web application, OCInfo, allowing bus riders in Ottawa to obtain timetables on their mobiles. It was talked about in the local media and replaced by an official application in 2008.
© 2013 Rémi Plourde. CC BY-ND. References available upon request. Thanks for reading.