Please note I’m currently unavailable to take on more work as Web developer. Due to repetitive requests of my Web development services, I may be unable to reply to messages related to them while I am unavailable.
Hi, I’m a trilingual full-stack Canadian Web developer in the region of Tokyo since 2009.
When available, I offer experienced Web development and Web design services in Tokyo locally and remotely. (See above for status on whether or not I’m currently available.)
- Worked in various settings, including new startups, small and large companies, at the office or remotely, as a full-time employee and as a freelancer, in Japan and elsewhere.
- Full-stack developer, able to work in front-end and back-end, with some devops.
- Experienced in back-end technologies such as WordPress, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Laravel, Node, Express.
- Experienced in front-end technologies such as CSS, Vue, Nuxt, Webpack, jQuery, and React.
- Well-versed in database servers such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
- Prefers using terminal and code rather than UI for development, automation, and deployment.
- Usually uses macOS and Ubuntu, sometimes Windows 10. Seasoned in various operating systems, as well as local virtualisation (e.g. WSL on Windows 10).
- In favour of continuous integration (CI) with automated testing and deployment, including technologies and services such as Jest, Cypress, Cucumber, RSpec, Jenkins, CodeShip, and Circle CI.
- Able to speak and write English (native), French (native), and Japanese (conversational level).
- Proponent in internationalisation (i18n) and localisation (l10n). (But not translation.)
- Advocate in accessibility (a11y).
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Versatile in vector graphic software including Inkscape and Affinity Designer.
- Good knowledge of graphic design, including typography, vertical rhythm, and colour coordination.
Who I am not
There is often confusion about what a Web developer can do, notably because of my origin and my language abilities. Please remember I am not a translator, a copywriter, or a marketer. If you need such services, I am not the person whom you are seeking.
Please keep in my that while my rate is higher than the average nascent developer, my work is often finished faster.
In the case of freelancer work, I am registered as an independent freelancer in Japan as REMINO and you will be invoiced under that name.